Monday, September 7, 2009

Stone Fox

Book Title: Stone Fox

Author: John Reynolds Gardiner

Number of Pages: 83

Main Characters: Willy, Grandfather, Searchlight

Other Characters: Stone Fox, Mr. Foster, Doc Smith

This story is about: Little Willy's grandfather is sick and its up to Willy to save the farm from tax collectors. Their only hope is the prize money from the national dogsled race. But a lot other people want to win the race too. Willy enters the race to get the prize money. Willy wins the race and saves his grandfather's potato farm.

This story takes place: Wyoming

Things I liked or disliked about the main character: That he was very smart and he never gave up.

This is how the story ended: Stone Fox shot Searchlight

My favorite part of the book was: when the air said get over here

This story taught me: about dogsled racing

I give this book: 5 stars





Here are some links to learn more about Stone Fox:

Wikipedia
Lesson Ideas

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very exciting book CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting book. I actually can't remember if I've read this or not so I plan to go to the library and check it out so I can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear CJ, my students read the story of Balto in their reading anthology. I'll have to show them your review. I think some of my students would like to read this. Thank you for posting this!

    Barb in Nebraska

    ReplyDelete